I’m blogging tonight from the hospital. Last night Zoe was throwing up again and was complaining that it was hard for her to take a deep breath. Mike took her to ER in Elyria and since I was down the street at work I met them there. They decided Zoe would be best observed at the Clinic so they sent Life Flight for us. It was the first time in a helicopter for both of us. She loved it, but I have to say I’m not a fan.
Her Dr. paid us a visit this morning and he’s concerned. He suspects her vomiting episodes are realted to activity. Whatever the cause, it’s an indication of worsening heart failure and it means she’s in more danger than we thought. He wants to test the theory so on Monday he wants to stick her a treadmill and see what happens. Based on those results he will decide if we stay here and wait or go home and wait.
While we’re here he plans to finish the rest of the work-up and get her on the list either as a stage 1 (in hospital wait) or a stage 2 (seen outpatient and wait at home).
So my new residence at least until Monday is the Cleveland Clinic. Please forward my mail.